Canyon Wren Writing’s four-week introductory course includes instruction, readings, writing prompts, and feedback from both instructors and fellow students. We dip into poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction (essays), welcoming boundary-blurring between these genres. Participants are free to stay with one genre or move between them.
Here’s what we set out to do as we designed and refined the Canyon Wren Workshop:
- Offer participants both a self-contained experience and a springboard to further writing projects.
- Make it relaxed and flexible, on the one hand, and on the other, sufficiently intense to get the creative juices flowing and inspire participants beyond our four weeks together.
- Foster a safe community in which participants feel free to experiment.
- Provide instruction and models for offering meaningful feedback.
General schedule and anticipated outcomes:
During the first three weeks, participants generate new pieces, each centering on a particular era in life. Week four focuses on revision of one of these pieces.
You’ll come away with new writing, tools for revising your own work, creative momentum and inspiration for your next steps!
Nuts and Bolts:
- The workshop is entirely online.
- We hold one Zoom session per week; other than that, participants work as their schedules allow to meet established weekly due dates.
- Each workshop has a maximum of 10 participants.
- Cost: $240.00 per four-week session.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Group & Retreat Workshops
Let us bring a writing workshop to your retreat! Whether your group is coming together under the auspices of education, health care, technology, or any other field, we will work with you to tailor an experience that engages participants and supports your mission. To discuss what might best suit your group, email us at email@example.com.
April 2023 Workshop Cancelled.
Due do circumstances beyond our control, our April 2023 workshop has been cancelled.
Showing the single result